
This morning I awoke to snow still falling outside. Last night I didn't arrive home until 6:20pm a full hour later than usual. Art was already exhausted on the couch by this time having shovelled our 90ft driveway twice already in anticipation of me coming home. By the time I got there, there was already another four inches of snow that had fallen. I was dreading going out into the blustery weather all over again and facing slow drivers and hazardous road conditions. I sat and listened for the reports coming in over the radio and to my amazement by 6am I still had not heard the cancellations. So I went and warmed up the van, cleaned it off and carefully pulled out onto the roads. Just before I made my first pick up at 6:30am I called my boss as I had heard the cancellations for all school boards over the radio. She informed me that what I had heard was wrong and that the buses were still going out. So on I trudged and just before I hit the driveway of my first pick up the call came in over the CB. All buses cancelled return to home. I was ecstatic and probably drove a little faster home than I should have but I was so excited to return to my warm bed and a day at home with Art. Now we just have to clean out the driveway and shovel off the deck and we should be good!
4 comments:
Hey, you're blogging again! I thought of you when I heard the school buses were cancelled. Too bad you had to trudge out in the cold, but at least you got to go back home!
Is OC Transpo affecting Art getting to work?
Yeah, we have much more time now that all trim work is done and I am working just one job. So I am blogging again.
Fortunately, the OC strike doesn't affect Art at all since he drives directly to work. He is also working half time at home so he doesn't go into the city as much anymore either. It's pretty sweet!
What a nice surprise indeed! I wonder what type of day off I could wish for over here...a dust day? :)
Takes me back to my own school days but I think it is even better when you are being paid for it! :) I guess you will have to wait for those melt to bits on the sidewalk day Larissa. Though, tonight I wish I was visiting you! It's currently -18C
Post a Comment