Friday, December 5, 2008

The Slow life

Today has already been interesting for me. I got home just after 12am this morning and after talking to Art finally dropped into bed around 1am. I had a friend who needed a sitter for her daughter while out at a company dinner. Must be nice I thought since Art doesn't get either a free dinner or get to invite his spouse. That's the government for you. However, after being up since 5am yesterday morning I was pretty much out of steam by the time I arrived at 5pm. Alison being eight is full of energy and wanted me to tickle her and play hide and go seek. Under normal energy I would've been more fun but I think the person she is used to playing with was not there and she was a tad disappointed. I did manage to chat and watch movies and even stay awake until her parents got home. I even managed to sleep in today until 10:30am.

Art on the other hand got home early from work around 5 since he had also gotten up with me and headed out early. He got his McDonalds for supper on the way home since we haven't had any for a while now. Then he settled down to tend the fire and watch tv with Oliver purring next to him. When I got home I am amazed at this new slower life we are leading. It truly is amazing that everything is not torn apart when I arrive. I no longer have a frazzled husband who wants to throw stuff out the window because it doesn't work. We are truly blessed. The best part is that with the woodstove I am finally getting rid of all those pesky wood scraps that I have been wanting to send to the dump for the last three years. I'm ecstatic! Half a crate down already and only two and a half more to go!

No comments: