Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sneezy

I've had a sore throat off and on throughout the last week and have been sneezing pretty regurlary. This is usually a sign of oncoming sickness which I treat with lots a vitamin C and manage to escape unharmed. I didn't pay it much mind this time as I was often loading up the woodstove and inhaling smoke which escapes from time to time. I was positive that this is all that was wrong with me. I was wrong. I woke up yesterday morning with that heavy feeling, a firey throat and a inability to breathe through my nasal passages. I still had to work so I grabbed a box of kleenex and headed out for a miserable day. Things of course did not go too well. I had scheduled a time for a tire changeover on the van and then realized I had an appointment at the same time. I rescheduled the tire changeover for yesterday afternoon and double checked that they could get it done before my afternoon run. Of course they ran late and I was late picking up the kids from school. I was then late for my second set of kids and late getting them home. All in between sneezing and sniffiling the whole day. I was supposed to go to a party downtown for my highschool friend's 30th and of course by the time I got home I was ready for bed. So sorry Maureen! I really wanted to be there. So now I am sick and hating it.

3 comments:

Angel said...

I hope you feel better soon. Next time you should take a sick day before the illness manifests itself!

Maureen said...

That's okay, Mona. Sounds like you had enough on your plate without adding in a trip downtown. We missed you, but it was a good night (sombrero free!).

We'll get together once the dust settles in the New Year.

How's Art at brewing tea and making chicken soup? Sounds like you need some...

Monique said...

I can't actually take sick days unless I am really bad off. My run is actually too far out for anyone to get to on time. So they kinda discourage sick time. It would take someone about 45mins to get here to relieve me. It's kinda a bummer but that's life.

Maureen, for sure I'd love to get together with you in the New Year! I'm only off though until I think the 3rd. We'll touch base. :)

Art is not the greatest at brewing tea and making soup. He can never figure out where I put things in the kitchen. He hardly has to go in there except to eat once in a while so it's not his forte so to speak. :) I've been eating a lot of oranges though.