Monday, December 8, 2008
Brrr
When we came home from a friend's house last night we didn't expect it to get quite so chilly so quickly. Art's little 323 has no heat and I was chattering the whole way home. We had also been away all day pretty much and the fire had long gone out. The house was not the warmest at about 15C. Of course it was much warmer than the -18C outside so we were glad to get in the door. I immediately climbed under a blanket and tried to get warm while Art started the fire. I put an extra blanket on the bed for us and somehow it was quite cosy all night. This morning when I had to start the van was another matter. I sleepily stoked the fire and got it going okay before I left and then went in search of a hat, scarf and gloves for my van start. Poor Vinnie (what we call the mini -van) barely turned over but eventually did and I ran it for about 15 minutes. Thankfully, and I think only by the grace of God the doors actually opened as well with a little coaxing. It was soooo cold though I couldn't even write down my circle check report which i do each morning. I was afraid to freeze the metal pen to my hand and the ink wouldn't come out anyway. Art left this morning for work thankfully he has the option to take the Nissan Maxima(aka Maxamina) instead complete with heated seats. He does however have to walk about 15minutes from his parking spot to his building. So he is likely just thawing out about now. The craziest thing about this weather is that tomorrow it is supposed to be zero and cause melting. Gotta love living in Ottawa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment