Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only in Ottawa

Though I lived in Ontario for most of my life it never ceases to amaze me how different areas of Ontario are in winter. Yesterday the temperature swung from the -20Cs to the +4Cs. Truly mind boggling. I woke up to rain and snow melting. Things like this never happened when I lived near the Sault. We just got snow and more snow and I never remember it getting as cold as it does here. Maybe I am just more concerned now because of my heating bill. I did experience similar things when I lived in Alberta but mostly due to chinooks where people were warm enough to walk around in shorts. Crazy MEC-ers (that's Mountain Equipment Co-op in case you didn't know)!

On another note another fascinating thing happened at a result of the moderate temperatures. A phenmenon I never thought would happen on this property. That's right we now have two cars sitting in our garage. Count them two! I was shocked as I pulled in last night to see space in the garage. Usually littered with building materials and various junk was now all neatly piled and stacked. The things that were supposed to come into the house got there and truly Art did a fantastic job! Pictures of this amazing event will follow later. :)

1 comment:

Angel said...

I can feel your excitement! I love having a garage that houses both cars away from the elements...I hate scraping the ice off the windshield!

Can't wait for the pictures!