Monday, January 5, 2009

With the weekend behind me I've got another two months of steady work ahead of me. Early mornings and lots of winter driving. I am looking at the last remenants of Christmas and thinking I need to take everything down. It's too bad that we only get to drag the decorations out for three weeks of each year and the rest it looks so bare. I'm dreading the cold as I head outside and it is only going to be -8C this morning. But I can feel the dampness which makes it seem all the chillier. However, there are things that will warm my spirits even if I'm not too crazy about getting up early.

One of my best friends from Bible College called and told me yesterday that she is getting married. I was so excited for her and of course Art and I are considering making the trip down to Lion's Head to see her big day. This will make the third wedding Art and I will attend this year. We've been married for two and a half years and these are the first weddings we will attend as a married couple. We can dance the night away three times this year.

Febuary is also going to be busy for me in that it will be the second baby shower I will be hosting here and should be lots of fun for me to co-plan with a friend of mine from church. My other friend had her baby in December. A beautiful baby boy named Adam. I got to meet him for the first time yesterday as I had been too sick to hold him earlier and he is the most darling little thing. I've forgotten how tiny newborns are. He was so light as I was carrying him around and giving him a good cuddle. I handed him back just before he started to cry to get his diaper changed. Before I know it time is going to fly by and I'll be thinking of summer and avoiding the heat.

No comments: