Yesterday was supposed to be a stay at home day to get things done around the house. I'm not sure why this never seems to happen. Usually, Art plans something without my knowledge or vice versa and we end up going out. This time it was his fault.
He planned to pick up some books downtown in the market that were being given away for free. So since we were already that far into the city I asked if we could stop in at Salem Storehouse our Christian bookstore to get some tickets for a comedy show I wanted to see. Since we were there we dropped into Salvation Army to look at any new books that might be up for grabs. We find it to be much cheaper than Coles or Chapters and find the best books! By the time we left there we may as well hit Rona since again we don't get to this area of town often. Rona was having a 50% off sale all clearance items in a certain area and of course we ended up sifting through that and blowing our extra spending money. Our little trip that was supposed to take a couple of hours morphed into about 5 hours out on the town. Although it was fun we didn't get much accomplished.
Today we got up early for church as usual and headed to teach our Sunday school classes. Art teaches the teens and I teach grade 3 and 4s. We had met a new couple last week after church and I headed right up to them to chat. We chatted for at least half an hour before we decided to go out for lunch. Then on the way out I met up with some of my other friends and invited them to come along as well. By the time we made it to Wendy's there were ten of us scrambling to find tables. It was a lot of fun and hopefully we will get to do it again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish we lived a little closer, your weekend sounded fun. We'll have to get together once the buses settle out.
Post a Comment