The temperature has dropped recently and also dropped a whopping 20cm of snow onto our declining snowbanks. Just the other day I was commenting on how little snow we had left after our recent warming trends but not now. It made for a chaotic driving day yesterday as school went on as usual. In fact I'm beginning to think I should take the guy who decides a snow day out for a tour with crazed children to see what it is really like. It can truly be a very "exciting" ride. Mostly it is me saying, "Sit down, put your seatbelt back on and please no screaming!" The screaming part comes in a whoop of joy as I am skidding towards a snowbank. They repeatdly ask me to do it again. For some reason they can't understand why I won't.
Art on the other hand had other types of excitement for his drive in and drive home yesterday. For the last several weeks there has been a bus strike on. I think we are heading into week six in fact. Anyway, this has lead to a longer rush hour starting now about 7am and finishing around 10am and in the afternoon about 3pm to 7pm. Art has taken to going in a a bit later and leaving a bit earlier to avoid it. Yesterday he did so but because of the bad weather cars were still slipping and sliding on the road all the way to work. What is normally a 45 minute drive turned into 1.5 hours. On the way home besides avoiding all the crazy drivers out there his windsheild wipers stopped working. So there he was with 20 cm of snow falling and blowing across the car and he could not see. So his drive home was also changed to about 2 hours. Both of us arrived home at an unusual late hour and then after all that he wanted to go and shovel the driveway. After watching all these men in Kanata plow out their miniscule driveways with a snow blower my husband is out shovelling our 90 foot laneway by hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment