


Today was couch day. Earlier this year we had acquired a new to us sofa which was stuck in our basement. Wehad wanted it for a better great room sofa but unfortunately we couldn't get it up the stairs. It weighed about a million pounds. It is down filled believe it or not and made from an all hardwood frame. We are in the process of checking it for lead though as it seems even heavier than that. I will recover it at some point hopefully with some help from my Step-Dad who is quite handy at upholstery.
Art has been talking about building a hatch forever but never really gotten around to it until yesterday. Our brand new couch was being delivered today and we wanted to get it up the stairs easily without damaging the italian leather exterior. He had fun doing some demo work to make the hatch which at this point really amounts to a large hole in the wall as seen above. He will make it into a more aesthetically pleasing door a bit later. For now Oliver can enjoy jumping down to the basement steps as much as he is enjoying being a lump on three different couches and several chairs.
As for our brand new couch...It is as I stated 100% italian leather, Canadian made and reclines. It was an awesome boxing day deal which we could not resist! We bought it from Sears and I happened to know the sales ladies which also helped a little. Having this one means we can finally retire one of the ugly couches we had before. They did the job though and I can't complain about the functionality. This is also my birthday present from Art so I will have to suffer through not opening anything. But it is really a better present than I could have dreamed of. The leather feels like butter and the seats are SOOOOO cushy. I love it!
2 comments:
This post is up for nomination of "Best Blog-Post Title. Ever."
Congrats.
(And, nice couch!)
Thanks Mo! I think I was watching a spoof on Don Cherry that inspired me! Heh! Heh!
Post a Comment