Weather wise things here have blossomed into a beautiful spring. Temperatures have steadily been rising to 10C every day. While we are still seeing some smaller lows in the evening overall its been great. It melts all day and dries all night when it is not raining. Even with the rain it has put Art and I into a great mood. We have been busy spring cleaning, finishing some of those unwanted tasks we didn't get around to last fall and in the early planning stages of our projects for this year. My daffodils are pushing their way out of the ground and I've seen some tulips starting to sprout which really means to me that spring is here!
With spring here it seems that commitee meetings are also popping up everywhere we look. I am the chair of the missions commitee and there seems to be a whole host of things going on with that now. Also, I am the missions co-ordinator for Daily Vacation Bible School in July and working in the kitchen there so yet more meetings. Art is busily involved with Men's ministries meetings, men's breakfast planning and the new ministry he started called the Burning Bushmen. Essentially a bunch of guys going around to help with various small building and repair projects or things where they need "man" power free of charge. It's been great but we seem as always to have our hands full.
My bus has also had the addition of one student and it has meant the loss of an hour of down time before my afternoon run. It now has lots of stops and starts which has been making it a extremely long day for me. I now go from 6:15-9:00, 10:30-11:30, 12:30-13:30, 14:20-17:00. I am hoping to get used to it but I am thankful that the next few weeks will be shorter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that's quite a schedule - it must be hard to get anything done in those small, one-hour spurts... I was thinking we should get together for coffee some morning, but I'm not sure how on earth you'd make the time. Maybe some evening or weekend, what do you think?
Glad that spring has arrived somewhere for someone..
Post a Comment