Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

It always starts out that I invite a couple of people over and then feel guilty about not inviting this person or that person and then I end up inviting over twenty people. Today was no different. We set our Easter potluck today for 13 adults and 7 kids. It began with our bi-weekly Wendy's dates we have with two families from our church. We usually head over after church every second Sunday to hang out and enjoy each other's company without putting stress on anyone to clean up. Since our Wendy's date ended up on Easter I thought why don't we invite our friends over for a potluck making it easy for everyone. I supply the turkey and the roast beef and everyone brings the rest. Then I decided this person was by herself and that family doesn't have any other family in the city and next thing I knew I was fretting about how many chairs I had.

I ended up calling the rental shop and placing an order on Good Friday and making a Saturday mad dash into town to pick up more groceries and the rentals. After a hectic shopping day fighting the Easter traffic I came home to mop and vacuum the whole house. I of course had forgotten that one of our friends has a cat allergy and I needed to make sure any surplus hair was out of the house. Thankfully, Art was there to lend a hand and did some cleaning as well. Then I prepped the roast and the turkey for cooking today. I got up early and did more rearranging to allow for our guest dishes and worried some more that I would run out of food. I worried needlessly as I saw the food pile in. I should have worried about more space for all the food instead of the amount of it. There were deviled eggs, potatoes, broccoli salad, another potato dish, two types of veggies, bread and rolls and....that was just the main course. For dessert they brought cupcakes and icecream, trifle and carrot cake and far too much for anyone to eat. It was so delicious I couldn't even fit everything I wanted onto my plate.

The kids had an easter egg hunt, played Wii and ran around on our deck generally making a joyful noise and a pleasant mess. The adults talked and laughed and kept nibbling away at all the goodies and had a wonderful time being with each other. All in all it turned out to be a wonderful time and worth every minute of stressing!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Glad you guys had a great Easter!