Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's snowing.

The title pretty much says it all. We are becoming a winter wonderland around here and I still don't have winter tires on any of my vehicles including the school one. This morning I awoke at a brisk 5:00am and and found myself wishing for a snow day. No such luck. I knew the snow was coming so this time I was prepared. I had bought my brush yesterday for the van. Put in the extra shovel and had laid out all the appropriate gear last night. Hat, mittens, coat and columbia hiking boots. I was ready to take on the storm. So at 6:00am I was out brushing and warming the van and finally on the road about 15mins later. It was a slow drive. All season tires suck for the record. I love my Michelin tires which grab the snow and I feel like a tank on the road. Not so with all season where winter driving is more like a very delicate dance which you hope to stay on the road rather than be sucked into the ditch. There are always the idiots who think that keeping right down the center of the road is for everyone's saftey. I personally considered sideswiping a couple of those who did this this morning and seeing how safe they were. Also the wonderful people out there who must blind you with brights because they can't see through a few flakes coming down. Did I also mention that only one out of the nine children I pick up had a clear driveway? Somehow, by the grace of God I made it and made it through some of the most tough rural areas of Ottawa. Through sleet and snow and dumptruck ruts the van went through. We will see now if I can get the driveway shovelled.

No comments: