Friday, November 14, 2008
Defensive Driving
Today was a busy day. I had my defensive driving course scheduled for today. It was pretty boring and mostly common sense but I managed to pass and will ultimately get a lower insurance rate. The group of attendees was pretty small. The company only has about 18-20 employees at any one time. Most are either retired or close to it. Some of them worked for OC Transpo our local transit company for 25-30 years before turning bus driver. They were talking about getting their licenses back in the sixties today. I was thinking that my mom wasn't even born until 1956 so they are even older than my parents. I am the youngest member of the group at 30. Some of the younger members are the ones I work with. Most of these ladies are around 45-50 with grown children. In spite of their age they tend to get a bit rowdy. They drink, smoke, swear like truckers and like a good time. I'm pretty sure they never really grew up. I love hearing their stories and their laughter is infectious. I'm the exact opposite but yet they still include me in their group and treat me like one of their own. I'm thankful for such a fun bunch to work around. I met Art at the Home Desperate aka Depot after class and got home quite a bit later than usual. Somehow our monkey of a cat broke into our pantry and stole his treats. Crazy cat. He is currently cuddling with Art watching TV. I think he was relieved to see us. By the way I found out today I will be able to get my "B" class license which means I can drive a big bus if I want. That will pretty cool huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Would you have ever thought that you would drive a bus, Monique?!
Nope but I really do enjoy it. Though it is not the most glamourous of jobs it pays the bills and is super flexible. It allows me to be home more and have weekends off. Plus my bosses are fantastic which makes it all the better!
Post a Comment