Thursday, November 13, 2008
The Cat came back....
Yesterday Oliver (our new cat) emerged from his basement hide out to visit us on the main floor. I think of him sometimes as Osama in Afghanistan hiding among the nooks and crannies the mountains. We just happen to have mountains of stuff down there which he particularly likes. Anyway, Art had the brilliant idea to take away his food unless we were in the house and not sleeping. Oliver had previously been eating when we were not home or asleep. This way he was forced to make some contact with his new owners. So yesterday, Art called him to where he was hiding in the basement with his food dish and miracously he came upstairs to eat a few minutes later. I had been disapointed because I was not yet home and missed it but he came up again all on his own to come and visit with us while we were watching a movie. He snuggled right up to us and purred and explored. We were very excited! However, he again returned to his lair beneath us before we went to bed. He again came out this afternoon and played and followed Art around as he was teleworking. I again missed it but am happy he seems to be getting more comfortable around us and we can keep him. :) I will post pictures of our huge cat later as he lets me. Art continues to protest that he doesn't like cats but he loves it that Oliver is following him around like puppy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment