Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heat Wave!

Art and I got quite excited about the warmer weather that was coming last Saturday. I so badly wanted to hit garage sales and get up and about early to start working on our property. I should've known better as I tried to wake Art who is not a morning person. "Art we have to get going to all the garage sales!" I said. All I received in reply was a grunt. I pestered, poked and prodded until a very annoyed Art got out of bed and took me to a couple of sales where we didn't find anything. This made Art even happier as you might imagine. In my defence we did go to TSC one of his favourite stores and Canadian Tire one of his other favourite stores. I managed to get some groceries and a new watch battery. The temperature all morning was starting to climb along with humidity and by the time we got home around 1pm it was already too humid to do much and the bugs pretty much sealed the deal. Art was not too impressed with me.

Monday was supposed to be hotter and it was. We reached a whopping 30C and even with the breeze it was still warm. The humidity has been fairly high all night and again we are sweating it out. I can see the rain clouds starting to move in so it can only mean the end of the heat wave and while I am glad for warmer weather I'd like it to arrive a bit more slowly.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

The key to managing early Saturday mornings is the promise of a mid-afternoon nap. Motivation is too low to get anything done at 2pm anyway, might as well nap...

Maureen said...

PS - You posted this at 5:30am. You are a nut. Why on earth would you *want* to get up early on a weekend, nap or no nap?!

Monique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique said...

I just made a comment and realized it sounded mad though not my intent. So I'll try again. It was only 8:30am. Which in my estimation was not "that" early. It was practically 9. LOL! He just did not think so. *I'm truly very innocent* and possibly a "nut." Hee! Hee!

Maureen said...

;) You're a good nut, Mona.