Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meanderings

I'm not sure where to start this dijointed blog because lots of little things have happened but nothing really signifigant lately. I guess that's why I have not really updated lately.

Well there have been no major disasters of late but the temperature has warmed signifigantly here for Febuary. We have enjoyed up to +9 the last few days. One day that was supposed to be freezing rain actually turned into a beautiful sunshiney day. Thank you Ottawa Carleton District School board for letting me stay home and get paid. On that day Art and I lazed about not doing anything in particular. This is very odd for us as we have a million projects on the go at any given time. However, since we were both home for a change we decided to put away the projects and enjoy a boring day.

We awoke late. I had already gotten my stay home call at 6am and promptly crawled back into bed. At 10am I still seemed to have difficulty convincing myself to get up. Mostly I had to bribe myself and my husband with pancakes. Lately this has been our favourite breakfast treat. I make them from scratch and they are so nice and crispy around the edges. After we downed breakfast we managed to get some work done. I was working away on reading my book and Art actually having to work from home did so. I was free to putter as well and at my own pace made us snacks and lunch but for the most part laid on the couch with our cat Oliver. When Art finished his work we decided to try out the new games table. So we started a game of scrabble and while I'm not allowed to tell anyone the outcome I'm sure you can guess who won the game. :) It was all in all a great day.

Yesterday and today we have been enjoying the reprieve from the cold weather. It felt like spring and I was even able to shed my winter jacket for a while. I'm sure this will change overnight as lower temps are predicted. Tomorrow I have a new course that I am taking during the PD day. Collision avoidance and skid control. Should be fun to put the van into a spin but I hope I don't freak out at my instructors. I don't tend to do well with people in the vehicle as I am learning a new skill. During my driver's test for instance the examiner told me to turn left and I turned right and then did it again. She wasn't very pleased with me.

Valentines day is also sneaking up on us. Art has never been big on the whole valentines thing since it is just a bunch of commercial hype but the last couple of years he has bought me flowers. This year I get a comedian, dinner and flowers. How 'bout that? I can't believe it! Should be a fun evening.

No comments: