Saturday, February 7, 2009

Febuary Showers

Well today was supposed to warm up to +4C and give us some nice rain showers. While it got a bit warmer but I don't think it was quite that warm. Today however I hosted another type of shower altogether. A baby shower. It was a blast as 18 women and 13 kids crowded into my great room and chatted and ate and played games!

It never ceases to amaze me as I watch women get so competitive over winning a game. One game I played was the crossing and uncrossing of the legs game. Each lady gets a clothespin and if she spots another crossing or uncrossing her legs she gets to take her pins. The one with the most pins wins. One of the women crossed her feet and said, "You said legs, not feet." and got away with it on a technicality. She didn't end up winning the game but it was still hilarious to watch the ladies say I saw that. Chantal the lady I held the shower for got a good haul I think and she seemed to really enjoy herself. I'm so happy that she did and that we as ladies got to hang out.

No comments: