Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Break

Well so far it's been a good March Break.  We haven't had too many strenous tasks on our plate.  I've started into my spring cleaning mode and I've already got two bags ready for the Sally Ann.  I also got around to digging out my clothesline.  That's right I had to dig it out of the ice or what was left of it.  After the first snowfall we had very high winds which snapped the aircraft cable.  When I saw the chewed up end I could hardly believe that it happened.  I had assumed the tightner had let go but that was not the case.  The snow has been disappearing quite quickly this year which is just fine by me except I know that soon I will be delgated the lawn mowing chore.  It doesn't happen to be on Art's favourite task list and so I usually wait until the grass is knee high before I give up on the idea of him mowing the lawn.  Too bad the City of Ottawa wouldn't let us have a goat.  We've also been unseasonably warm at 10C and today is supposed to reach 15C.  Praise God for those beautiful temperatures but too bad it makes me want to run out and buy new patio furniture which I can't afford.  Maybe next year.  :)

Today was my ladies Bible study at my friend Joy's house.  It's always a good time and today was no different.  The one bad thing however is that there are way too many tempting sweets and I ate a lot of them.  But they are so dang good and it was just so fun to sit and chat and munch.  There is usually about seven or eight toddlers running around at any given time but none of them belong to me and so while everyone else has to run after their little one I can sit and watch.  I'm sure at some point the tide will turn but for the moment it's fun. 

Tomorrow we are expecting our friend's child for an overnight visit.  For some reason he loves to play with Art.  I guess I shouldn't be so surprised since Art loves everything a seven year old does.  Video games, lego and of course lots of unhealthy food.  So he wanted to come and stay with us and we of course agreed that he could.  It should be fun to have him around. 



Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

No comments: