Well the last day of school ended up being very hot and humid. I dropped off the van after my last run in what could only be described as thick weather. It was so hot and humid it was hard to move an inch. However, I enjoyed a nice evening to myself as Art went to a BBQ at church. I was ecstatic as I had a waiter bring me my every whim in an air conditioned room and then enjoyed coffee at Chapters along with a good book. Friday was another day however and I already had a list of things to be accomplished. I went right away to apply for EI and get groceries and pay bills with my last pay cheque. Then I came home to prepare for a garage sale we were having the next day. Saturday we got up early again to have our garage sale and Sunday we still had to teach our last Sunday school lesson. It was a pretty jam packed start to my vacation. I was sure things would start to slow down last week as I only had one appointment scheduled and one of our favourite holidaysCanada Day smack dab in the middle. I was wrong.
Last Monday I went to my yearly optometrist appointment and she found what seemed like a tear in my retina. Since I was also experiencing floaters and small flashes she became quite concerned and the next day I had an appointment across town with the opthalmologist. After dialating my eyes and putting them through all kinds of tests he was also quite concerned and scheduled me in on Thursday for an appointment with a retina specialist. I started to get worried because this meant laser surgery on my eyes. I've never had surgery before and I didn't want to start with my eyes.
Canada day was not the most normal of days either since Art went to work on a hardwood job while I got to start cleaning up the messy house which had been much neglected during my last couple of weeks. But thankfully Art came home early enough that we could head out to the Arnprior fireworks to enjoy a bit of Canada day.
After a lot of worry my appointment came up with the retina specialist. After sitting and waiting for hour and a half the doctor took me in and thankfully announced what the other two had thought was a tear was actually a pigment change in the retina. He explained that the pigment change was in the shape of a typical tear but it was absolutely nothting to worry about. I was ecstatic and made my way home immediately. Friday I got to help Art with a hardwood job he was working on and I was finally able to start to enjoy my first real day off last Saturday.
So far this week I have been busy organizing and putting away things that have not been tended to for way too long. Although the weather here has been cold and rainy I am hoping that it will change yet to a beautiful summer. Next week I will be busy again with helping out with DVBS and some bus training but I guess the busy parts of our lives never really end do they?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad that your eye troubles are over! Enjoy your vacation!!
Thanks Angel. I'll do my best!
So glad to hear there's no need for eye surgery! Also glad you're getting a break (of sorts). Enjoy!
Post a Comment