Thursday, June 18, 2009

This and That.

There is only a mere five days left in the school year and frankly they cannot seem to pass quickly enough. I thought for some reason that this past week would drag but surprisingly I am left wondering where it went. I am not complaining however because I am exhausted. All those early morning wake up calls and the late nights waiting up for my beloved husband are catching up with me.

Last week was especially hectic for me as I was trying to prepare for a baby shower I hosted last Saturday and had a appointment with my Endocrinologist. Much to my disapointment I found out that I had just passed the line into diabetic territory. They are not concerned because my sugar remains stable and they assure me as long as I continue with my diet I should never require insulin or drugs. In fact they were pleased that I now was over the line because it gave me access to the help of diabetic clinics which I was never able to qualify for before. I'm not really sure if she just inflated my results to get me additional resources.

The baby shower went quite well. It was a bit smaller this time but that was due to the timing of the year and the cases of flu which were circulating around. Nevertheless, everyone had fun and enjoyed playing games and eating from the chocolate fountain I think Mom was quite happy which for me is the main part. This was number four in this family but we all made casseroles to fill her freezer with to feed her young brood instead of the usual presents. She has an unusally busy family as they are all 5 and under.

Although Art has been quite busy himself with his various jobs he has still managed to carve out a couple of special things for me. He brought me flowers last week and paid full price for them. If you know Art at all you would know what a sacrifice this is for him. :) He also managed to take me for a side trip to Carleton Place on Sunday to go and look at the river there and peruse the shops. This was great since I needed a little down time. Then Monday he promised me that he would get to some things done outside for me. Weedwacking our ditch, trimming the edges of the front lawn and attaching this and that for me. When I got home and saw it wasn't done I wasn't very pleased to say the least and when I saw the note apologizing because he had been distracted electronically I was furious! When I came upstairs though and saw the note on the new to us laptop he had set up it all made sense. I was so happy we finally had a computer that wasn't a beast like his old one that I instantly changed my tune.

All in all life is good. Boats are popping up on the river and my flower beds are taking off. I was very pleased to see a lilac planted last year blossom this year. I'm looking forward to the summer months ahead.

No comments: