Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sometimes I wonder

Recently I started a new seasonal position with a department store to bring in some extra Christmas money. As I was working there I saw a T-shirt which reminded me of my oldest charge. It said, "My parents taught me to walk and talk and now they tell me to sit down and shut up." This is so typical of my little boy wonder who can never sit still enough to get his homework done in a reasonable amount of time or have anything come out of his mouth that isn't generally rude or obnoxious. Yes, I know this is the behaviour of most eight year old boys but it amazes me that it comes so naturally to them to fart, burp or to find bodily functions generally amusing.

Even Art who is all grown up tends to have these moments where I can't believe he does something. Art has a annoying habit of singing songs over and over just to get me riled up. There are days where I could punch him just to shut him up. Boy wonder came home from school the other day singing at the top of his lungs, "Saturday, Saturday..." and continued until I shut him up with peanut butter toast. After seeing repeated behaviour in a eight year old and sometimes a thirty one year old you gotta wonder where they get it from. Just for a moment I always think, "God, what were you thinking when you put the male brain together."

No comments: