Thursday, November 1, 2007

31?

It's hard for me to believe that the man I met six years ago is now 31. I can't say that he looks like what I pictured a 31 year old to look like a mere ten years ago. Or for that matter acts like one. The man still watches cartoons with me (albeit the old ones we grew up with) and sings annoying songs designed to drive me crazy! But he has changed so much from that guy I happened to meet one day while chugging my coffee. He no longer sleeps in until 4pm. but a managable 11 if he has no obligations that day. Otherwise he gets up on his own with little prodding at 8a.m. Yes that's every day! He works hard! First he slugs it out with numbers and weird number geeks at Stats Can and spends the rest of his time building and fixing most of Ottawa. I could barely get him to do much more than shopping a few years ago let alone work. I'm so proud of him and the man he is! Maybe he has grown up without me realizing it. I wonder what will happen at 40?

No comments: