Monday, June 7, 2010

Time flies...

when you are having fun.  So May must have been fun because I hardly remember it.  We had another Men's breakfast, attended birthday parties, Art was working, stained the deck finally and I'm sure a whole host of other things that  were fairly mundane.  One of the most exciting things was that we got a new cat.  We named her Cicia (Keet-cha).  She was named after a cat who was Art's little sister's while they were growing up.  Cicia was a wonderful addition to our family.  She loves to play and be sucked up.  Her orginal name was cuddles and it was descriptive of her but too cheesy for us.  Besides unlike our Oliver she didn't know it.  Oliver and her instantly disliked one another.  For over two weeks there was hissing and fighting.  Finally Oliver decided to like Cicia but like any little brother in a family he gave up fighting and decided it was more fun to pester her.  He would wait until she curled up under a chair and sit on top of it and reach down with one paw smartly smacking her head.  Cicia would hiss and Oliver would run.  Now you have to understand Cicia is at most 7-8lbs and Oliver closer to 15lbs or more.  So it was funny and we laughed at it a lot.  Cicia was also chased by Oliver from time to time but spent most of her time getting upset with our other huge and dumb cat.  In the end however we decided it wasn't fair to have Oliver pester poor Cicia and offered her to a friend of ours.  They had been thinking about getting a cat for their family.  She loves it in her new home and has three adoring fans to pet her constantly.

Last Thursday Art and I got tickets to go see the Newsboys.  It was quite the concert with Audio Adrenline opening.  They were the first band I had ever seen in concert.  Way back when with the youth group in Marion, Indiana.  I remember how proud I had been that I went to see them!  Things have changed for them and now they are really into worship and working with charities to support the poor in Haiti with their Hands and Feet project.  However, it was so cool to hear "Big House" again live.

Newsboys themselves have changed with another old favourite of mine Micheal Tait formerly of DC Talk taking over for Peter Furler.  I still remember a good friend of mine drooling over him in highschool when they came out with their Jesus Freak CD.  I won't mention names.  They have quite the new CD coming out.  Their sound has changed a bit but I still love them and they put on a amazing show!  Art had a great time watching them as well and now is complaining that the CD sound is not as good as live. 

To follow our concert time Art and I went to our seperate retreats.  I went to Ladies retreat at Camp Iawah near Westport.  It brought back so many good memories of GBC and even smelled similar.  Though they didn't have neon green carpet or beer caps on the ceiling tiles as decorations.  I got to play dutch blitz, stay up into the wee hours, hear a great speaker and have non stop eating for two days.  Art had his retreat at a friend's place whose wife was also attending Ladies retreat with me.  So from all accounts they gorged themselves on pop, pizza, burgers and chips, played a lot of video games and generally had a fantastic time.  None of us can wait for next year!

No comments: