Well it has been a somewhat long absence since my last blog. I apologize to all of you out there who wait with baited breath for the next time I write. :) Over the last month we went from speeding right along at our normal hectic pace to spinning at post warp speeds out of control.
Our vacation was wonderful. I had planned it so that Art and I would have a much needed time off from our day to day jobs. However, we are quite the touristy duo and we had to try and pack as much stuff into ten days as possible. We drove nine nasty hours to my parents place in Bruce Mines to visit with them and pick up some stuff. My Mom was quite disapointed that we didn't stay for our whole vacation but we wanted to spend time primarily together.
So we headed out to Blind River on the Sunday and visited old friends I hadn't seen in a while from my years as a camp counsellor at Galilean Bible Camp. Warm memories flooded me along with hugs from my honourary Aunt Shirley, Aunt Helen and my friend Tasha. I was astounded to see how much time had changed what I had thought of as a somewhat stuffy church into one I felt right at home in. I also toured a bit with Art showing him where I did "this" and "that." I'm not sure he totally appreciated how much Blind River is a part of my history. But then again I don't understand his ties to University of Winnipeg either.
We soon left and headed out to Manitoulin Island with a quick stop in Espanola at a Giant Tiger because we saw a sale tent. Neither one of us can resist deals. We were quite enamoured with the beauty of the rock and the water as we headed down the highway to Little Current. Someday we will do a trip just to Manitoulin. Maybe next year. We stayed a night and continued our journey to Tobermory for four nights of bliss doing nothing. Nothing except all the touristy shopping and taking a boat tour and then hiking all day. No nothing at all. We did have lovely panoramas of Lake Huron and loved the flowerpots and for that matter we loved the hiking and resolved to do more of it when we got home. Our nights were filled with camp fires and lots of junk food. It was paradise on earth.
On Friday we headed towards a small town called Lion's Head. My friend Lucy was getting married there the next day and it had been her home town. We set up in the local campground and it poured rain. So much rain got into our tent that the airmattress was the only thing keeping us dry. We checked into a hotel and got ready for the wedding as best as we could. Fortunately, my dress was okay and Art's shirt but we weren't the most spectacular looking people there. I had no make up or hair stuff and I hadn't packed Art's dress pants or a tie. Nevertheless, we made it to the wedding only looking slightly frazzled and out of place. We had a good time but Art began to take ill so we left right after and went to the hotel room. We left early the next morning for home and I was so glad to get there after our travels cause no place is really like home.
September 1st arrived much too quickly and I was back getting up at 5:30am taking kids into school. Since then it has been a blur of Art working day and night, Sunday school start up, taking over sunday school for 2-5 year olds, Missions meetings, missions weekend planning, quotes for a new furnace, new blinds, buying a furnace and skipping the blinds, a bridal shower and yet another wedding and I'm sure a whole host of other things I'm forgetting. So hopefully I will have more time to write in October but I'm not counting on it.
Our vacation was wonderful. I had planned it so that Art and I would have a much needed time off from our day to day jobs. However, we are quite the touristy duo and we had to try and pack as much stuff into ten days as possible. We drove nine nasty hours to my parents place in Bruce Mines to visit with them and pick up some stuff. My Mom was quite disapointed that we didn't stay for our whole vacation but we wanted to spend time primarily together.
So we headed out to Blind River on the Sunday and visited old friends I hadn't seen in a while from my years as a camp counsellor at Galilean Bible Camp. Warm memories flooded me along with hugs from my honourary Aunt Shirley, Aunt Helen and my friend Tasha. I was astounded to see how much time had changed what I had thought of as a somewhat stuffy church into one I felt right at home in. I also toured a bit with Art showing him where I did "this" and "that." I'm not sure he totally appreciated how much Blind River is a part of my history. But then again I don't understand his ties to University of Winnipeg either.
We soon left and headed out to Manitoulin Island with a quick stop in Espanola at a Giant Tiger because we saw a sale tent. Neither one of us can resist deals. We were quite enamoured with the beauty of the rock and the water as we headed down the highway to Little Current. Someday we will do a trip just to Manitoulin. Maybe next year. We stayed a night and continued our journey to Tobermory for four nights of bliss doing nothing. Nothing except all the touristy shopping and taking a boat tour and then hiking all day. No nothing at all. We did have lovely panoramas of Lake Huron and loved the flowerpots and for that matter we loved the hiking and resolved to do more of it when we got home. Our nights were filled with camp fires and lots of junk food. It was paradise on earth.
On Friday we headed towards a small town called Lion's Head. My friend Lucy was getting married there the next day and it had been her home town. We set up in the local campground and it poured rain. So much rain got into our tent that the airmattress was the only thing keeping us dry. We checked into a hotel and got ready for the wedding as best as we could. Fortunately, my dress was okay and Art's shirt but we weren't the most spectacular looking people there. I had no make up or hair stuff and I hadn't packed Art's dress pants or a tie. Nevertheless, we made it to the wedding only looking slightly frazzled and out of place. We had a good time but Art began to take ill so we left right after and went to the hotel room. We left early the next morning for home and I was so glad to get there after our travels cause no place is really like home.
September 1st arrived much too quickly and I was back getting up at 5:30am taking kids into school. Since then it has been a blur of Art working day and night, Sunday school start up, taking over sunday school for 2-5 year olds, Missions meetings, missions weekend planning, quotes for a new furnace, new blinds, buying a furnace and skipping the blinds, a bridal shower and yet another wedding and I'm sure a whole host of other things I'm forgetting. So hopefully I will have more time to write in October but I'm not counting on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Everyone needs a break from blogging every now and then (says the girl who went at least a year between posts before!)
Glad you had a great trip. Be good to yourselves; build in relaxing time, too!
Post a Comment